Monday, October 24, 2011

Cycling, a challenge and a blog

Welcome. Whether you've come here by mistake or have picked up the link and decided to have a look, thanks for dropping by. Let me start by introducing the reason for this blog.
A little while I ago I started cycling again. With a little experience under my belt I decided that I needed a challenge to keep my interest up. And, as an experiment in blogging, I have decided to write about my training for it. I'm not saying that everything here will be cycling and challenge related but that will be the major thrust.
My personal challenge is to cycle across mainland Scotland, from the west-most point to the east-most in 2 days. That works out as cycling from the Point of Ardnamuchan to Boddam, south of Peterhead, approximately 240 miles. An approximate route is shown below.

View Scotland C2C in a larger map
The absolute details have not been finalised yet. Now all I have to do is get fit for it. I'm looking forward to the experience, both getting fitter and the blogging. I hope you will too.


3 comments:

  1. Wow! Inspiring stuff, I'm looking forward to your updates :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, so that's what it's all about. Does this mean that you'll be eating all healthy stuff when we have lunch :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Richard, glad you like it. I'll try and keep the updates coming.

    Jim, indeed this is what it is all about. But no, I don't think I'll just be eating greens when we meet.

    ReplyDelete