Sunday, January 29, 2012

Easy ride

With a cold weather forecast and a slightly dodgy knee I decided to go for an easy ride around Fife today. This entailed a route with a minimum of hills, apart from right near the end, where I took on the hill up to Strath from Dairie bridge. Whilst the hill wasn't hard, it wasn't exactly easy either. Especially with the east breeze that was blowing by then. That made sure I didn't get an easy ride home. Pedalling downhill to get up to 18mph isn't my idea of fun.
My friend Vic joined me for the majority of the ride today. We met up in Pitscottie and split up as we arrived in Dairsie. Me off for one more hill while he took the easy option and the main road home.
Today I felt I noticed some progress in my cycling. Sections of the ride took roads where I have struggled before. Today I felt I was comfortable on all the hills even sprinting up some of the smaller ones. Maybe my body is finally beginning to adjust to this cycling lark. I do hope so.


The Ride




Idiot Road User of the Day

One traffic related incident today. As we came through Auchtermuchty a car pulled out of a junction right into our path. Luckily we were both able to slip down the road he just pulled out of, but not without some alarm. Vic said we got an apology; so that will be alright then! I can't believe he didn't see us, maybe there's just something that doesn't register in car drivers' minds when they see a bike. I guess we should just be happy to be uninjured, with our bikes in one piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment