Sunday, February 5, 2012

Short and Sweet

Frost delayed my cycling this morning. And, if I'm honest, so did the cricket. After the frost lifted I waited a while to make sure it would have lifted on any of the higher roads I might like to be on. So just after lunch I decided to go out out for a quick spin. And, as I wasn't going out for long, I decided to try and make it quick.
Unusually I decided to go south east to Crail. Then across to Anstruther before heading home over the low ridge south of Dunino. The first leg was easy with whatever breeze there was behind me, but the rest was a little more difficult with the breeze hurting slightly. None of it was bad though and I kept up a decent average (~17.5 mph). All great fun!

The Ride


Idiot Road Users of the Day

I'm getting used to not getting much room from some cars but today there were two cars that really worried me. On the road back from Anstruther I was passed in quick succession by two cars going very quickly. The first gave me some room, although I would have liked more. The second was far too close for my liking especially given the speed they were doing. Thanks guys.
More seriously, if they weren't actually racing they were doing a very good job of looking like they were. Personally I would like to remove all such drivers from the road. All I can hope for is that I'm not involved in any accidents they cause. And I hope nobody else is too.

No comments:

Post a Comment