Thursday, May 31, 2012

Two weeks away

The Lighthouse to Lighthouse ride is now two weeks away. If all goes according to plan (when does that ever happen?) I should be well on my way this time 14 times 24 hours from now. Looking towards that day I'll probably already be tired of flapjacks but hopefully not tired of the cycling or the views. One of the main things I'm looking forward to are the new roads. Most of my training has taken place here in Fife and, while the scenery is pretty good, I can't wait to see something new and enjoy a fresh set of hills and bends.
I'm much more excited than nervous now. There's little more I can do in physical preparation so now it is down to maintenance of my fitness, getting the bike ready and making sure all the logistical side of things is battened down.
And I'm still crossing my fingers for perfect weather; not too hot or too cold, thin and high cloud cover with a slight westerly breeze. Is that asking too much?

No comments:

Post a Comment