Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Dry roads

The forecast for this morning was too good to ignore and, as I am taking a break from weights in the gym to help my back, I decided to go out. Despite the dark and thus dressing myself and the bike up like a Christmas tree it was great. The last few rides have all been on damp roads leaving me and my lovely steed rather dirty at the end of them. Not so much today. At the end of it all my overshoes were still black!

Speed

With it being a short run I decided to try and make it fast. I also needed to get to work so speed was of the essence for that reason as well. And, amazingly, I managed it. For me 23 miles at about 16 mph is good pace. One loss of concentration at the bottom of the hill from Dura Den to Strathkinness was not good and I gave myself a good talking to. I'm not sure I could have been much quicker in the flat and downhill sections, so I'll need to work even harder on the hills.

The Ride

Road User Awards

Almost all the drivers were great today and none were bad enough to get a mention. They all even dipped their headlights although one needed a little encouragement. Maybe they all wondered what the light show was coming towards them.

No comments:

Post a Comment