Sunday, December 4, 2011

Cold and windy but gorgeous

Yesterday's ride was one of those where you feel the gods have smiled on you. After last week's no-ride weekend I was desperate to get out at the weekend. The weather was not great on Saturday so I decided that bike maintenance took precedence and so that left Sunday.
It was still windy, but less so than Saturday, but it was definitely colder. Once I had changed the turbo tyre to the road tyre I was ready to go, albeit with one fewer inner tubes. I hate changing tyres; it appears that I'm not talented at it. Hopefully skill will appear as I do it more often.
On the road the first few miles were tough as it was straight into the wind but I consoled myself with the thought that I'd end up coming home with it on my back. I was more correct in that than I knew. I got to Cupar alright and headed up the hill towards Craigrothie. I stopped just short of the top to take this picture of the snow dusting the Lomond Hills.
Lomond Hills
On the way into Ceres by the back road I was a little disturbed to see some frost and ice, so a change of plan was required. I decided to stay on the main roads, do a little loop of roads I'd already seen and then head for home from Cupar.
Once I'd done the loop to come back to Craigrothie I stopped for some more photos.
The road to Ceres - lovely downhill
Fife farmland

Hill of Tarvit
After photos a lovely downhill section into Ceres, the small climb followed by a lovely descent into Cupar and then the long road home. But as I predicted I got the breeze on my back from the hill above Blebo, and I enjoyed putting the hammer down and racing for home. 2 miles in less than 4 minutes is fast enough for me!

The Ride



Road User of the Day

This week's winner is definitely the lorry that took its time overtaking me on the hill from Cupar to Craigrothie. He made sure it was safe, gave me plenty of room and passed safely. All I want really. Thank you.

Idiot Road User of the Day

This award is shared this week by the two drivers who decided to pass me just before a bend on the way up the hill from Pitscottie. No thanks to these two.

No comments:

Post a Comment