Saturday, December 31, 2011

Last ride of 2011

In the spirit of Hogmanay (or New Year for those of you not in Scotland) I met up with a pal this morning for my last ride of the year. As you know I usually ride solo so the prospect of a long planned ride with someone else made me slightly nervous. I shouldn't have worried. Vic's company is good at work and also on the hills. The bike is no exception.
He usually commutes 10 miles each way to work every day, but one of my training runs is another thing. However I suspect that he was kind today and went slower for the fatty cycling with him. He wasn't so kind in the amount of of mud spraying off his back wheel but I think I got my revenge in that department. And we survived the wind; encouraging each other along.
We met in Pitscottie and we split on arrival in Cupar. Well done Vic on your longer than usual ride. My ride home on my own was much less interesting without the company.
We had great views of buzzards and a lovely sight of a heron flying over us. A good morning out and a great way to finish the cycling year.
Happy New Year to you all!

The ride

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you too. Looking forward to hearing more of how you are getting on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim,

    Thanks for your best wishes. And thanks for reading the blog.

    ReplyDelete